The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (German: Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas), also known as the Holocaust Memorial (German: Holocaust-Mahnmal), is a memorial in Berlin to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust, designed by architect Peter Eisenman and engineer Buro Happold. It consists of a 19,000-square-metre, site covered with 2,711 concrete slabs or "stelae", arranged in a grid pattern on a sloping field. The stelae are 2.38 metres long, 0.95 metres wide and vary in height from 0.2 to 4.7 metres. They are organized in rows, 54 of them going north–south, and 87 heading east–west at right angles but set slightly askew. An attached underground "Place of Information" (German: Ort der Information) holds the names of approximately 3 million Jewish Holocaust victims, obtained from the Israeli museum Yad Vashem.
The Brandenburg Gate (German: Brandenburger Tor) is an 18th-century neoclassical monument in Berlin, built on the orders of Prussian king Frederick William II after the (temporarily) successful restoration of order during the early Batavian Revolution. One of the best-known landmarks of Germany, it was built on the site of a former city gate that marked the start of the road from Berlin to the town of Brandenburg an der Havel, which used to be capital of the Margraviate of Brandenburg.
Duomo di Sassari
Sassari Cathedral (Italian: Cattedrale di San Nicola) is the Roman Catholic cathedral of Sassari (Sardinia Island) and is dedicated to Saint Nicholas. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Sassari. It was built in the Romanesque style in the 12th century. The present building also includes Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical elements. Construction was finished in the 18th century.
Sassari (North Sardinia)
The National Picture Gallery of Sassari is located in the historic center of Sassari, between the church of Santa Caterina and the Palazzo Ducale. The museum was inaugurated in 2001, after the restoration of the local historians who had hosted the Convitto Nazionale Canopoleno, founded in 1611 by Archbishop Antonio Canopolo, and is managed by the Museum Complex of Sardinia and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and of the tourism
Palace of university (Sassari Northwest Sardinia)
The University of Sassari was founded by Alessio Fontana, member of Imperial Chancellery of Emperor Charles V and a distinguished gentleman in the town of Sassari in 1558. The official opening dates back to the month of May 1562. It was first run by the Jesuits.
Today, the University, which is of medium size, with a total number of over 18.000 students and about 700 teachers, comprises eleven faculties and over 40 departments, study centres and institutes. There are several specialist schools, research institutions, schools for special research and postgraduate schools.
The Arco della Vittoria (Victory Arch), also known as Monumento ai Caduti or Arco dei Caduti (Arch of the Fallen), is a memorial arch located in Piazza della Vittoria in Genoa, Italy. It is dedicated to the Genoese who died during World War I, and it was inaugurated on 31 May 1931.
The monument rests on four corner pillars and eight ornate pillars, which are decorated with sculptures by Arturo Dazzi and De Albertis. Two large columns are located inside the arch, and they support lunettes sculpted by Prini dedicated to peace and the family.
The exterior of the monument is decorated with allegories sculpted by Dazzi and Mario Maria Martini, which commemorate the 680,000 Italians killed in World War I and the construction of the arch.
The Fountain of the Rosello is a fountain in Sassari, Sardinia, Italy, considered the symbol of the city. It is located at the end of the Rosello valley next to the ancient district of the city. It was built among 1603 and 1606 by Genoese craftsmen on the site of a preexisting source along the valley. To bring the water from the Rosello to the houses was a team of 300 water carrier that filled their barrels that loaded on the pack saddle of their donkeys.
The fountain was also used by the housekeepers to make the laundry of garments and laundry.
Nerja is a municipality on the Costa del Sol in the province of Málaga in the autonomous community of Andalusia in southern Spain. It is on the country's southern Mediterranean coast, about 50 km east of Málaga.
Under Muslim rule, its name was Narixa, which means "abundant source" and is the origin of the current name.
Nerja has a long history, evidenced by the primitive paintings found in its famous Nerja caves, discovered in 1959. These caves are now believed to be just one entrance to a linked series of sinkholes stretching many miles into the mountains between Nerja and Granada, and which may yet prove to be one of the most extensive unexplored systems in Europe.
David is a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture created in marble between 1501 and 1504 by the Italian artist Michelangelo. David is a 5.17 metre marble statue of a standing male nude. The statue represents the biblical hero David, a favoured subject in the art of Florence.