Today’s #throwbackthursday takes me back to one of my favorite southern cities - Charleston, South Carolina! Every year Gary and I have guaranteed time off together in December, and of course I’m not going to let it go by without going 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮. Last year we did Walt Disney World and Charleston in the span of two weeks, and this December we’re taking our one year old chihuahua Molly on her first trip to Savannah, Georgia. Usually we fly to wherever we travel to but in December we always choose a destination that is within an 8 hour drive. This saves us money on expensive plane tickets, but also gives us some time alone. So many of our best conversations have been during a long road trip. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Travel has been something that Gary and I have bonded over within the last few years. To me, there’s really nothing better than exploring a new place with your favorite person. We have explored a lot of the United States (with plenty of places still to go), and I’m excited to start international traveling this year. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Today is the first day that several of our agents travel to Venice, Italy for our Greece group trip. Once in Venice they will get to explore the city before boarding a cruise ship to visit various Greek Isles.
We would love for you to follow along with us on this beautiful experience!
Starting us off with a fun fact: here you see the Grand Canal - the largest canal in the city which divides the city in two.
✱ - “she loves the serene brutality of the o c e a n, loves the electric power she felt with each breath of wet, briny air” - holly black - ✱
in honor of today being my T W E N T Y F I R S T birthday - 21 things I’ve learn in 21 years- ready, set, go: (it’s gonna be a long one)
1) don’t ever rely on someone else for your happiness.
2) never say no to an adventure: it could be a trip to the grocery store or a trip to australia... any time there is a chance to make memories just GO!! 3) if you aren’t 110% passionate about something (work, school, relationship, etc.) why pursue it?
4) there’s just something about the feeling of salt water and sand on my skin that I can’t explain.
5) YOU are in control of your own life: this goes for everything... don’t like your major, your physical appearance, the paint color in your bedroom, the relationship your in? YOU can change that - all you have to do is put in the WORK (which leads me to my next point)
6) hard work and dedication (with some patience) - that’s all it is.
7) follow your dreams: no matter how big or how little or how crazy and out of this world those dreams may seem... do something that sets your soul on fire.
8) spending time with your grandparents is never “uncool”... it’s actually my favorite thing to do (you would totally understand if you knew my grandparents) so go ahead and give yours a call, you might learn a thing or two.
9) read, read, read!!!! this year I really started to pick up books of all genres... there is no better way to escape reality then a good book.
10) it’s okay to skip a couple days of going to the gym (and it’s also okay to eat fractured prune donuts and DQ s’mores blizzards hehehe)
11) create your own path... FOMO should be replaced with JOMO. don’t do what everyone else is doing. enjoy doing ya own thang.
12) don’t dread on your mistakes, instead learn from them
13) try new things: a new food, a new workout at the gym, make a new friend, a new hair style... change is good!
14) never ever ever EVER (if I could say ever a million times I would) beg anyone to be in your life... if you are wanted it will be made known
15) yes school is important but never let it completely consume your life
- continued in comments -
✱ - saw so many waterfalls this day but yet everyone still had its own m a g i c - ✱