TWO WAYS TO STRETCH THOSE HIPS
🤷🏻♂️ So you ran through the assessment and you’ve found that those hip flexors could use some stretching. What now?
🔥 We’ve got the quads and the iliopsoas to focus on here. Both of which create hip flexion and are routinely areas of interest when dealing with irritated hips.
✌🏼 The first two clips target the QUADS. Clip 2 progresses from clip 1. This mobilization hits a few other areas but really allows you to get deep into that knee bend.
👍🏼 The final clip is a take on the classic hip flexor stretch. Adding a rotational component really hits this area and targets multiple angles.
💪🏼 Hit each of these about 12-15 times.
🙏🏼 If you liked this post and found it helpful, let me know! Tag a friend that could benefit or DM me any questions you might have.
This week we shared a post with one of our awesome trainees performing weighted pull-ups for reps!
If you are wanting to start working smarter towards your strength goals, instead of beating your head against a wall using silly tools like band assisted chin ups, focus on the body chin row. .
With the right programming put in place this is an amazing tool towards attaining your first chin up. .
No matter where your strength levels are you can regress and progress the body chin row to suit your level!
TAG a friend who wants to get their first chin up!
B L O S S O M 🌺
Your gut has a 400 square meter surface area, is home to 80% of your immune system, responsible for more than 70% of your happiness hormone serotonin and responsible for 90% of modern disease and health concerns.
From mood disorders and neurodegenerative diseases to inflammatory conditions and autoimmunity the gut is a good place to start gardening this spring.
PRE & PROBIOTICS are the fertilizer and seeds for your garden. Before you consider pre and probiotics for long term health weeding and maintaining healthy ratios of bacteria is a priority.
Learn more on how to improve your health in some fun spring workshops.
March 28th — Kombucha & Sprouting in Ashcroft @ The Ashcroft Hub
* gut health
* Pre and probiotics
* Macros vs Micros
* Soaking and sprouting
* Brewing fermented tea at home
April 3rd — Spring Forward in Kamloops @ahhhyaywellnesscafe
* detox myths, mistakes and strategies
* The gut-brain connection
* Physical, mental and emotional detox
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
You will fail many times and those many times you will question the worth of what you’re doing. But when you are determined to accomplish more... not even that Can stop you.
Don’t let fear of failing stop you from the unlimited opportunities out there!
•SQUARE 1 - reopen your blocked movement pathways. Restore order to the neuromuscular system. •GETUP - rudimentary human pattern #1 (hinge, jump, squats, dead’s...). •GO - rudimentary human pattern #2 (sprints, sleds, carries).
Booty. Butt. Buns. Cheeks. Cakes. Honey Hams. Ass. That's why we're all here today. In the quest for achieving Glorious Glutes. Key word here is achieve or rather earn by building them yourself the old fashioned way through hard work. Nothing store bought here. IG is full of fake booty. Skinny girls with huge butts? Sure sure boss. Girls doing nothing but leg lifts and abduction work making all them gains in the Hamhock department? My ass they are. Light squats do NOT make you bootiful. I for one am not impressed...BUTT to each their own 😉
Here are a few ways you can start building your ASSets the right way.
1) Make Sure You're NOT A Tight Ass - when your glutes are too tight they may not fire when called upon. This puts the lower back at risk for being overloaded with the brunt of the work. Stretch, massage, foam roll...do whatever you need to do too make sure the glutes are functioning optimally
2) Hit Em' With All You've Got - use heavy ass weights. You may see a borage of posts showing women working glutes with just body weight exercises, bands, or light squats and lunges...unless you're a genetically gifted super freak, surgically enhanced or a walking Mexican pharmacy this approach will NOT work.
3) Do Direct And Indirect Glute Work - the bulk of your movements should be those that allow for you to lift the most weight possible. You need to force muscle to grow. Your program should include compound movements such as Barbell Squats, Deadlifts, Stiff Leg Deadlifts and possibly Rack Pulls(partial deadlifts) as well as more isolation type movements like Lunges, Hip Thrusters and KB Swings to name only a few
4) Hit The Hammies - your glutes tie into your hamstrings so be sure not to neglect them. Choose movements that work the hamstrings by flexing the knee as well as by extending at the hips. Good choices would be Lying Leg Curls(knee flexion) and Stiff Leg Deadlifts(hip extension)
5) Be Consistent And Repeat - results come through consistent hard work over time. You'll get there so just be patient 🙄
Give it time and work your ass off. This is Part 1 of 2. Start implementing these 5 basic rules today.
Your Glorious Glutes Await 🍑😊 #fitness#booty
Working hard became normalized to me. I realize that the dream body isn’t made over night. Hell its not made in months. It takes years of consistency, hard work, dedication and nutrition.
Two years of losing weight and keeping it off has been rough but thank God it’s not impossible 😂😂. This is only the beginning
Professional photography by: @visualsxgian
I’ve been trying to incorporate body weight movements in between my heavy lifts to get me over that fatigue-tension threshold 🙆🏽♀️
Keeping my heart rate up by doing HIIT style exercises mid lift has been beneficial in not only cardiovascular training, but also increasing my strength index. This is because I’m in fight or flight mode and my body adapts to it. Very sweaty and rewarding sessions lately, so give it a try 🥵
My shit stain brain forgot my tripod again ok
All this forehead and I still can’t remember shit
Coming home, but still being a tourist 📷
Wearing head to toe @fashionnova
P R O G R E S S I O N.
It’s not always about getting in the gym and smashing away at your body - but more so can you sustain what you’re doing and creating a lifestyle. This all comes from loving what you’re doing and trusting in the process which will get you to where you want to be.
Starting with a solid foundation, building upon it, and staying consistent is what is going to yield you success. Sure, it can start from becoming active, but then how do you set yourself apart from the rest comes down to how you are changing your lifestyle (cutting down on stress, not partying as much, eating what your body needs) and the choices you make!
So do yourself a favour. See where you are now, look at where you want to see yourself get to, and develop those stepping stones of how you’re going to make it happen.
Be humble enough to know if you’re not too sure what you’re doing, because there plenty around you that can lend a helping hand! Happy Monday!
- [ 📸: @capturedbykirsten ] #toronto#thesix#tdot#fitfam#fitspo#fitness#gainz#bodybuilding#shredded#gymlife#fitspiration#gym#abs#muscle#weights#personaltrainer#healthy#motivation#physique#aesthetic#lifetimefitness#ltemployee#camalexanderfit#lululemon#alpha
In the end, it's all about balance and stability. 🤸♂️ 🏃♂️ 🧘♂️